Friday, September 17, 2010

Charmed, I'm sure

Got a couple guys starting the 'cross season well with Ken Deitch having one of the best 'cross races of his career last weekend and Mike Festa grabbing the B men's win at last weekend's Allentown UCI season opener.  They're both headed off to Charm City, Baltimore's two-day 'cross weekend, so here's to them both having a killer weekend.

Me, I'm headed out on the first of Kuhndog's Wild Rides tomorrow with my girl Ruth D. - everyone else bailed - but this is hopefully the first of many of these.  Ruth will be dragging me around the roads north of Bethlehem for a few hours tomorrow as we keep working on her preparation for the Everest Challenge out in CA later this month.  The Challenge is two days of long ass rides in big ass hills with total elevation gain at something like 30,000 feet over the two days.  We don't have those long CA sorta climbs here in PA so I put together a plan to make the best use of what we do have here to get her ready.  She's going to kill me tomorrow.