Thursday, December 9, 2010

Small Block Plans Now Available

I keep the Power On training plan break down as simple as possible.  Having seen the more complicated side of things I find that simple is better when it comes to plan options for the athletes and the coach.  Easy delineations between what one plan level offers and another make choosing the right plan simple and straightforward.  I've been offering two plans up to this point both of which have allowed athletes unlimited contact with me; the only difference between the plans coming from the additional analysis of power data.  This is my preferred way of coaching because it has been readily apparent to me in over more than a decade of  designing training that the athletes who interact with me most frequently often get the most from the training.  In my ideal world I hear from all of my athletes frequently!

That being said, I have been approached by a number of dedicated athletes looking for something a little different.  I've been asked to provide an option that creates a completely personalized and customized training plan, but at a lower cost.  Both very experienced athletes who have a good sense of how to cope with obstacles that arise in their training and athletes on a budget who want more than just a pre-built plan have come to me.  My solution are the following "small-block" plans.

Available in blocks of 12 weeks or 24 weeks, these plans start the same as the month-to-month plans do with an in-depth interview with the athlete that addresses all the important information needed to build a custom plan.  These plans differ in that they are delivered as a one-time block and do not include on-going communication or analysis in the cost of the plan.  The major benefit to this sort of plan is that it is still designed around you, your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, your schedule, your life, your past training, your target event and the demands of that event at a lower cost.  It just may be perfect if you feel you do not need as much interaction with your coach. 

Personally, I much prefer to communicate closely with my athletes on a regular basis.  I feel the athletes get more out of the coaching and I can coach them more effectively because I can respond or anticipate issues that may arise and we can adjust their plan as needed.  But, I take the same care and attention in building out these small block plans as I do in building out the training for my regular athletes and designed this as an excellent option for the right athlete.  Please contact me directly to get started on your 2011 plans!

Cost:
12 weeks: $250 ($350 for triathletes)
24 weeks: $400 ($500 for triathletes)
Start up fee and Annual Training Plan design: $100 (waived with a 1 year commitment)

Initial power based testing or analysis is available and recommended when starting your training program.  Contact me for details.

Notes:  Small Block Plans must be paid in full at sign up.  A follow up call to explain any questions you may have about the plan is included after you've had a chance to look over the plan.   Modifications to the plan or further contact during the training block is available based on an hourly fee.  Discounts to Power On Camps are included with Small Block Plans!!

Additional information on these plans and on monthly training plans is available on the Coaching Philosophy and Pricing page of this site.